Friday, April 8, 2011

Hello Again!

clerical workers circa 1950

I'm back.  I didn't mean to stay away so long, but before I knew it, hours had turned into days and days into weeks.  I missed writing and I missed y'all too. 

I've started another part-time job and the first few weeks have totally consumed me.  It is a temp job at Georgia College in the Financial Aid department.  Strictly clerical work, Monday - Wednesday, 8 - 5. 


OMG!  My brain almost exploded the first day.  I don't know if I can explain how I heard the words the woman was saying, but it was like she was speaking in Greek or Turkish or Hungarian...yes, Hungarian was more like it.  The language of Financial Aid is spoken in garbled, lack of vowel words and phrases that made no sense to moi.

By the third day, the words were slightly less garbled and by the second week, I was actually accomplishing simple tasks they assigned me.

I'm still working Thursday - Saturday at my other part-time job over at Lake Oconee soooo my time is limited...but I will check in on a regular basis.  I promise. 

On my next post I want to share some tidbits I learned at the recent Blue Ridge Writer's Conference last weekend.  It was great to be back in Blue Ridge even though I was only there twenty four hours. 

Please stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment